This is a series of three videos covering before, during and after, demonstrating problems with Gottlieb System 80 pop bumper driver boards. There are some basic things you want to do to make them work better and more reliably.
Summary of Pop bumper board mods:
- First, check to see if you have older, or revised boards and convert older versions to the new revised version
- Replace 47uf cap with 100-200uf cap
- Add a 4.7uf 10v cap on underside to help with “phantom pops”
- Re-flow pin headers and make sure to remove any oxidation from the pins
- Test the driver and replace with a Tip102 if needed
- To reduce “ghost pops” you can add a 47uf (10v-16v) cap between the pins displayed below: